The summer is heating up so how does an Inspired girl keep her cool and her style in tact as the mercury heads north? In July we'll share with you the best tips, tricks and style hacks - from food, fashion, to functional solutions for home - to stay cool all summer long without sacrificing an ounce of style.
We're kicking things off with summer style. Giving your outfit choice a little consideration will go a long way to helping you look your best. Here's a few tips to get you started...
- Loose fits - think flowy skirts, loose fitting tees
- Natural fibers - cotton and linen lets your skin breathe, skip the synthetics
- Light colors - save the black for an evening event, embrace lighter colors for summer
- Maxi style - always a summer go-to - a maxi skirt or dress can be styled up or down to fit most any summer occasion
- Brimmed hat - protect your hair and face from the sun with a style that fits your personality
- Scarf - almost seems counter-intuitive, but it's a versatile way to keep your skin covered or tie up your hair in an effortless style
- Up do - summer is made for a chic ponytail to keep you looking your best
- Shades - a great way to showcase your personality and protect your eyes - double duty!