The holiday shopping season is here! If you're among the millions who are starting their shopping this weekend and are not planning on doing it all from the comfort of your couch, then here are some tips for braving the crowds on Black Friday and Small Business Saturday
. We've shared them before but they are worth repeating.
Plan ahead and enjoy a productive weekend of shopping. Happy Shopping and Saving!
Want to see more ways to Live Life Inspired with a focus on style, health and simplicity? Sign up to receive Inspired by Dawn's email newsletter and follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter.
- Hydrate - Drink fluids before heading out, and plan to take a refillable water bottle with you so you can stay hydrated while battling the crowds.
- Fuel - You'll probably eat well before heading out (turkey and fixings or breakfast at a cafe), but make sure to take snacks as well. A handful of almonds or a banana thrown in your bag should do the trick.
- Rx - Organize your medications or vitamins that you need to take ahead of time in a designer pill box like the Style Rx and you won't miss a dose or a deal!
- Tote - Spare disposable shopping bags and bring your own reusable totes for all your finds.
- Comfort - You'll be on your feet for many hours so choose footwear carefully. This is one time you might want to plan your outfit around your footwear, instead of the other way around!
- List - Know who you have to buy for before you head out, and try to list a couple of ideas to focus your search
- Budget - Set a budget ahead of time to avoid pain and remorse later. Consider setting a limit for the day or per gift so you don't waste time on items that will blow the budget.