With all this talk of "heat domes" and 90+ degree temperatures dominating the weather on both coasts we thought it was time for a refresher on the most stylish ways to cool down and stay chic all summer long.
Want to discover more ways to Live Life Inspired with a focus on style, health and simplicity? Sign up to receive Inspired by Dawn's email newsletter and follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter.
- Loose fits - think flowy skirts, loose fitting tees
- Natural fibers - cotton and linen lets your skin breathe, skip the synthetics
- Light colors - save the black for an evening event, embrace lighter colors for summer
- Maxi style - always a summer go-to - a maxi skirt or dress can be styled up or down to fit most any summer occasion
- Brimmed hat - protect your hair and face from the sun with a style that fits your personality
- Scarf - almost seems counter-intuitive, but it's a versatile way to keep your skin covered or tie up your hair in an effortless style
- Up do - summer is made for a chic ponytail to keep you looking your best
- Shades - a great way to showcase your personality and protect your eyes - double duty!