Reports that that flu is coming on strong so far this year got us thinking even more about how to boost our immunity. Like you, we wanted simple, natural, healthy ways to make sure we got the vitamins and nutrients needed to give us a fighting chance. Here's what we found. Simple, whole foods that can give us the immunity boost we need.
- Olive oil - Such an easy, tasty switch to make. Supports the building blocks for white blood cells - the immune system's front line
- Citrus fruits - Always interesting how nature's growing cycle coincides with what our bodies need. Prime citrus months equal prime cold and flu months. Coincidence? Absolutely not!
- Fish - Not eating fish yet? It's really time to start. Try to eat it at least once a week to help reduce inflammation and get your dose of Omega-3s
- Mushrooms - Research has shown mushrooms support the body's white blood cells in fighting bacteria and infections
- Avoid sugar - Sugar seems to undo the good that the above foods do for your immune system by impairing white blood cells so try to minimize sugar especially during cold and flu season
Want to see more ways to Live Life Inspired with a focus on style, health and simplicity? Sign up to receive Inspired by Dawn's email newsletter and follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter.