2018 is a clean slate. You have 360+ days to still make it whatever you want it to be. That's the power of the new year. A natural place to pause, look back on the year that is past and decide what you want for the year ahead. Do you want more of something or less of something in your life? Do you want to learn something new, start volunteering or just eat less take out? Whether you're focused on big changes or little ones here's some tips from LifeHacker to help make them reality.
- Make sure your life is in order - Forming a new habit is hard enough. Don't try to do it when your life is already especially hectic
- Focus on one good habit - Don't overwhelm yourself. Choose one healthful habit at a time and focus
- Work yourself into it gradually - Set mini-goals for yourself. The first week I'll cook two meals at home, the next week three.
- Piggyback it with other, already-formed habits or routines - Tie taking a multivitamin each day to something you already do every day, e.g. put your daily pill box on your keyboard so you take your vitamin when you sit down to check emails in the morning
- Get an accountability buddy - The right, like-minded friend makes everything easier
- Give it time - It can take awhile to truly form a habit, so set yourself up for success with the above suggestions to keep yourself motivated and focused
Want to see more ways to Live Life Inspired with a focus on style, health and simplicity? Sign up to receive Inspired by Dawn's email newsletter and follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter.